Home Visits Information
Capital Pathology is pleased to announce that it has made some changes to the bookings process for Home Visits and collections in Aged Care Facilities in order to help streamline the process for our customers.
From Monday 4th September 2017, there will be one central phone number to book a Home Visit or Aged Care Facility collection, or to make any enquiries about the Home Visits service. We have also revised our Home Visit eligibility criteria to ensure that we can continue providing the highest quality service and care to those patients who need it most.
|ACT Home Visits||6285 9900||6285 9946|
|South Coast Home Visits||6499 0600||6499 0620|
|Goulburn Home Visits||4821 4011||4821 4224|
The Guidelines for Home Visits is attached for your information. We ask that you please familiarise yourself with these guidelines and how they pertain to your patients. Specifically, please note the following:
- Initial home visit bookings must be made by the referring doctor or a staff member from their medical practice. An eligibility assessment will be conducted on the initial visit.
- Subsequent home visits for Rule 3 exemption cases can be made by the patient or their family/carer.
- The referral form should be faxed through to the Home Visits fax number, however please do not send the original as duplicate copies will cause confusion.
- Referrers should ensure that all information relevant to the testing is provided at the time of the booking.
- Collections are only performed on certain days of the week for each suburb in the ACT (see attachment below)